At Anei we apply good practices in all coffee processes, we currently carry out several pieces of training for our producers on coffee fertilizer, the proper use of natural resources, the fermentation process and other fundamentals to obtain excellent quality
Our coffee goes through a wonderful journey to finally transform into a delicious cup, today we will share a summary of the process with you so that you can learn a little more about ANEI.
1. We will start with one of the most important points, the cultivation of coffee, first we sow the seeds in bags with compost soil under the shade, it is important to highlight at this point the implementation of our ancestral traditions in the cultivation of coffee, fertilizing the coffee of According to the lunar phase and counting on the accompaniment of the Mamos, to request permission from our parents carrying out the sowing process and in turn we respect our culture.
2. Over time, small plants grow, at that time we transfer them to seedbeds where their exposure to sunlight can be controlled. When the plants are firm enough, we transplant them directly to the crop to wait for their fruits.
3. Then comes the time when the coffee plant bears fruit, to carry out the harvest when the coffee cherry is ripe, this process can take between 1 to 3 years.
4. When the fruit is reddish in color, we thoroughly begin the collection to avoid the fruits that are too ripe or green.
5. The next step is the treatment of the coffee cherries. The pulp extraction process begins when we separate the grain from the pulp.
6. We continue with the fermentation, typically it is 48 hours, although it may vary according to preferences, then we wash the coffee.
7. Subsequently, the drying is carried out, at this point we transfer the coffee to stretchers or shelters, after drying it is transported to the nearest collection center (transport is defined according to the producer’s means of transport, it can be in own or rented vehicle, by mule, etc)
8. In the collection centers, the coordinator in charge performs the coffee analysis, to the segment according to quality, characteristics and cup profile.
9. After consolidating the batch of coffee, it is sent to the thresher to remove the husk from the grain in parchment and be sent to our customers all over the world.