We are an organization of Native Agroecological Producers and Farmers from the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and the Serranía del Perijá. ANEI was founded in 1995 by Aurora Izquierdo, the first Arhuaca native woman from the community of Yewrwa, who decides to study in Bogotá, Colombia’s capital, with the objective of organizing the economy of our native and farmer communities. She’s a leader who used coffee as a weapon to promote the cultural presence of the communities of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and Serranía del Perijá, by the implementation of eco-sustainable programs and projects that strengthen the organizational processes which reclaim social, economic and cultural rights from the members and promote the food security of the communities, contributing to the world with healthy products (especially organic coffee of high-quality) that help taking care of nature and the human being. The production and commercialization of ANEI’s Organic Coffee is within a context of harmony and respect for mother earth.
To sow peace, to weave the future in community and in harmony with nature.
- To enhance the resources of the different actors in order to generate well-being in the ASSOCIATE and its family core.
- To link the CONSUMER with an alternative life, facilitating their connection with the origin and guaranteeing quality and fair prices.
- To inspire our MEMBERS to be actors of continuous improvement.
- To be an ally of the GOVERNMENT to generate prosperity.
- To offer the COMMUNITY an alternative of sustainable life.
To be a sustainable alternative that generates development and well-being in communities and other related actors.